What can we SAY
Our strategic goal in the provision of service is to provide integrated development solutions through Social and Labour Plan (SLP) implementation, charters and partnerships. We intend to achieve this through 4 key programmatic areas, which are:
measures to income loss.
• The key deliverables for this programme, working in close partnership with NUM, include providing support for the
establishment of Future Forums, Social and Labour Plan Committees and Tripartite structures in targeted mines
• Regularly reviewing sector status (mining, construction and energy) against charters.
All the above programme areas inform our activities under the current 5 year strategic period, which will be
reviewed in 2020.
• Our Approach is informed by, and supported through:
• Taking advantage of the regulatory framework and partnering with key stakeholders in advancing the transformation
agenda. (Sector Charters)
• Using opportunities presented by sector charters for the benefit of our members and communities – such as: mining
charter, Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act (2002), The Construction Sector charter and others.
The choice of work in these sectors is derived from work that is done by the National Union of Mineworkers, which
organizes in the mining, construction and energy sectors